Oyindemilade and Oyinkansola (A humourous traditional love poem)
I
In my beautiful 'dansiki'
I saw a black lady like 'amala dudu'
Shining like a diamond
Heart purer than white pap
Face tender than mushroom
Words she possess melt iron
Beads worn on her hands and neck
Dangle to the rhythm of 'ewi'
I read romantically to her ears.
II
My Oyindemilade,
I can only close my eyes and dream,
While honey coated words flow
From his lips to my heart
Oyindemilade, the world is unfair
We can only reach out and touch
The wind blows away our hope to feel
Each others pulse therein
While the alps and briny barricade
Part us like day and night.
III
The breeze of her scents
Spreads through my bamboo fence
Calling on the tree to tell me
That her touch have made the gods run mad
Admiring her yellow paw paw skin
Her blessed smiles made the village town-criers
Forget to share their messages to the land
Her gaze melts the heart of amadioha
To perfume the land in the encantation of justice.
Written by:
I-Kolade Olanrewaju Freedom (Nigeria)
II- Zanele Tyutula (South Africa)
III-Moses Opara (Nigeria)
I
In my beautiful 'dansiki'
I saw a black lady like 'amala dudu'
Shining like a diamond
Heart purer than white pap
Face tender than mushroom
Words she possess melt iron
Beads worn on her hands and neck
Dangle to the rhythm of 'ewi'
I read romantically to her ears.
II
My Oyindemilade,
I can only close my eyes and dream,
While honey coated words flow
From his lips to my heart
Oyindemilade, the world is unfair
We can only reach out and touch
The wind blows away our hope to feel
Each others pulse therein
While the alps and briny barricade
Part us like day and night.
III
The breeze of her scents
Spreads through my bamboo fence
Calling on the tree to tell me
That her touch have made the gods run mad
Admiring her yellow paw paw skin
Her blessed smiles made the village town-criers
Forget to share their messages to the land
Her gaze melts the heart of amadioha
To perfume the land in the encantation of justice.
Written by:
I-Kolade Olanrewaju Freedom (Nigeria)
II- Zanele Tyutula (South Africa)
III-Moses Opara (Nigeria)

0 comments :
Post a Comment